Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving + Branson = CRAZINESS !!!!!!!

Ok .. my friend Jenifer and I decided to take a girl's weekend trip to Branson.
We decided to go the Friday after Thanksgiving. NUTS !!!!!!!! WE ARE NUTS !!!!

The traffic Friday on the 76 strip was like a parking lot. We ended up shopping at Walmart
and Target ... got great deals on a couple of things ... like the GRAPE APE sweatsuit I bought for myself.

Anyway .. we checked in to our hotel ... oops ... that was motel !!!! As a single girl traveling alone, I always try to make sure the hotel I am staying in has indoor corridors .... in the excitement of finding a room in Branson on Thanksgiving weekend ... I forgot to check that out.

So ... we were booked on the first floor .. the room was clean ... but we locked and double locked the doors ... and I even started to put a chair in front of the door for "added" security. The beds were hard ... and just when I fell asleep .... the group of people in the room upstairs arrived .
We'll just say it was like elephants on parade the rest of the night.

Saturday morning ... after neither of us sleeping ... we checked out of the hotel and headed for breakfast. WRONG !!!!!!!!
I-HOP ... FULL
CRACKER BARREL ... FULL
After an hour of circling parking lots and battling traffic on the strip, we ended up eating a good lunch at Ruby Tuesday.

Then to the outlet mall ..... 20 minutes from strip to parking place .... the mall was packed.
We went to see the Andy Williams Christmas Show .... Jen and I were probably the youngest folks there. The show was GREAT !!!!!! Andy Williams is pushing 80 and still has an incredible set of lungs.
After the show, we ate at Andy Williams' Restaurant. I highly recommend it. The atmosphere was a little upper class, but Jeans and T-s were welcome. The food was AWESOME. And the most fun thing was the live jazz piano player. One of the performers from the Andy Williams' Show was in the restaurant and sang a few songs with the piano player.

Sunday ... we woke up to SNOW ... yes it was 37 degrees and it SNOWED. It was beautiful.

Despite the fact that I was sick as a dog ... Bronchitis hit last Wednesday ... I snotted, coughed, and hacked all over town..... WE HAD A GREAT TIME !!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like one eventful time in Branson! Which one of the Branson hotels did you stay in?! I'm trying to plan a trip up there and wanted to find one near all the activities.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.