Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First Christmas

Yes ... I know that Mari-Grace is 2&1/2 .... and years wise ... this would be her 3rd Christmas.

In China, they don't really celebrate Christmas in the same sense we do ... so this was Mari-Grace's first real Christmas (by American standards).



She did great with the tree ... never bothered a thing.

She loved the Christmas lights everywhere.



She learned quickly that Santa says "Ho Ho Ho"



And it didn't take long for her to figure out what to do with presents !!!



Her Christmas started on Christmas Eve when our friend Lisa (AKA CeCe) ... brought over a stash of Christmas gifts ... 2 purses filled to the brim with goodies from the Dollar Tree .... a cleaning cart with a toy broom, mop, bucket, vaccuum cleaner, etc., and a Melissa and Doug magnetic "Paper" doll set.



She played so hard on Christmas Eve that she crashed ... quite literally ... in the floor at Omaw and Poppy's.



Christmas Eve night was a bit rough. We spent the night with my Mom and Dad. She's stayed with them before at night ... but not with me. I think she was a little confused as to why I was there too.



She was up every hour. She'd only sleep if I was holding her ... and the one time we did make it to sleep in the bed, she rolled off the bed and woke herself up.



She woke up at 5:45 am on Christmas morning ... ready to go. We woke up Omaw and Poppy and called Aunt Kelley and her family. We were able to keep her occupied until about 7 ... when everyone got to the house. When we turned her loose ... Caleb and Hannah helped make a big deal about going in the living room to see what Santa had left.



She was in awe ! Santa left a Fisher-Price My First Doll House ... a Micky Mouse drum with a clapper, maracas, recorder, and harmonica .... a pop-up tent for the play room.

Then she discovered the Tinker Bell 4-wheeler from Uncle Greg and Aunt Kelley in the corner.



LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL !!!!!!

She got a great stash of goodies. And so far .. she has played with all of it.

She promptly learned how to set the little man on the toilet in the doll-house ... we all got a kick out of that.



We then enjoyed our annual Cholesterol ladened Christmas Breakfast .... we have ham, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, and gravy ... YUMMO !!!! The rest of the day was spent napping and playing.



Christmas Night, we went over to my sister's In-laws house. Mari-Grace even had gifts to open there.



It was a WONDERFUL Christmas.

It seems so odd to think that just a year ago at Christmas ... I was depressed ... wondering how many more holidays I'd have to spend without my daughter. I was convinced that the adoption would take another 3 years.



God had other plans for me. As always ... HIS plans are far greater than I could ever imagine.
I was given my most precious gift on June 21, 2010....when I looked into the eyes of my daughter for the first time ... and I knew that God's plan for me was fulfilled. I thank HIM for her everyday. I am in constant awe of His creation ... she is perfect for me ... and my family... and I am 100% thankful for His wisdom and guidance and my most precious gift ... Mari-Grace.

1 comment:

  1. Glad this first "real" Christmas went so well, and I love the "crashed" photo in your other post.

    Happy New Year,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.