Well .. today is my birthday. I ditched my continuing education meeting to spend the day with my little shadow. I've had to work an awful lot lately, and I've been missing my one on one time with MG. So, I didn't go to my CE meeting today. MG and I slept until about 8:20 am ... which is late for us. We laid in bed another hour playing angry birds on the cell phone. MG is learning how to play some games on my phone ... and it is fun watching her. Most of the games are educational in nature ... ABC's, colors, numbers, etc. Today, I introduced her to angry birds. She laughed every time one of the pigs exploded ... LOL.
Uncle Greg and Aunt Kelley came over and played for an hour or so. Then Kelley, Hannah, MG and I went to Panera Bread for lunch. Their broccoli and cheese soup is AWESOME !!!!!
Anyway, I didn't do a darn thing today.
From the pictures that follow, you will see that MG played Mr. Potato Head. She also decided that she wanted to lay on the fireplace and read a book. She is just too funny.
I ended my evening at Mom and Dad's eating the most fabulous birthday treat ever !!! LEMON JELLO CHEESECAKE !!! I've had one every year on my birthday for as long as I can remember. The family gets one piece ... and after that ... IT'S MINE !!! and no ... I don't share. Before my lap-band, Mom and I would stand at the bar, each with a spoon, eating strait from the pan. We still do that, it is the best way to eat this divine treat!
Some memories are just priceless. The cheesecake is one of them. It was one of my Granny's favorite desserts too, so I can't eat it without thinking of her. Smelled her perfume in an Avon catolog the other day and it brought tears to my eyes.
Ok ... well, nothing exciting going on here. Just counting down the days until VACATION.
I'm taking Mom and Dad and Mari-Grace to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach. So ready to smell some salty air and feel the waves on my feet !
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.