It is now 12:07 am. HAPPY 2012.
2011 was a good year for me. My baby girl was happy and healthy. She completed surgery number 2 with flying colors. She started preschool, where she is THRIVING !!! She became potty trained, gave up her sippy cups, learned to suck thru a straw, learned to blow her nose.
She started speech therapy, and has gone from barely talking to jabbering all the time. Her speech progress is slow, but I do see progress. We have been blessed with 2 wonderful speech therapist, and 4 wonderful preschool teachers.
We had two amazing beach vacations ... one with friends, and the other with Omaw and Poppy.
Our 27 year old cousin battled, and beat breast cancer. Having just undergone a double mastectomy, and reconstruction beginning, her fight is far from over, but God blessed her with a diagnosis of being cancer free in time for Christmas !!!
My Aunt Maurice, passed away Dec 26. She lived a full, wonderful life, and left behind 4 grown children, 9 grand children, numerous great grand kids. I spent a lot of time with Uncle George and Aunt Maurice when I was a teenager. I used to go to their house in Pocahontas and spend the weekend. I'll always remember Aunt Maurice taking me antique and flea-market shopping, mixing their High Balls promptly at 5 pm, and sitting on the patio listening to Frank Sinatra and other big band artists. My Uncle George passed away several years ago. They are together again.
The other bad news I got in December is that our Cleft Surgeon, Dr. Buckmiller will be leaving children's hospital in July 2012. She has been an incredible gift to us the last year. She has transformed Mari-Grace's life with her God given talents. I am saddened to see her leave, but it is time for her to move on and bless the lives of other children in a new state. She has trained Dr Hartzell for 7 years. Dr. Hartzell has seen Mari-Grace since day one, and I am confident in his abilities. So while it is sad that Dr. B is leaving ... I feel that she is leaving us in capable, talented hands.
So ... in 2012 ... what do we have to accomplish ??? Who knows. Am I going to make resolutions, no. I'm just excited to be able to spend 2012 with my precious little angel. She makes me laugh, she makes me smile, she makes me happier than I ever thought I could be.
Me and mini-me will have new adventures, new obstacles, and new accomplishments, and I can't wait to share them with you all !!!
HAPPY 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Wishing you a wonderful 2012 and am looking forward to following along. Glad things are going so well for you and Mari-Grace! She is such a blessing.
ReplyDelete