Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day.
I have many things to be thankful for.
1. My family ... I don't know what I'd do without them. They have been incredible inspirations and support to me my entire life. I wouldn't be where I am today without them. They have encouraged me to reach for my goals ... and occasionally remind me I am human.
2. My friends ... What shoulders to lean on. This adoption process has brought such wonderful people into my life. I have developed some life long friendships in the past year that I never expected. It has been a great journey ... and will continue as such.
3. I am thankful that every minute and every day brings me one day closer to Mari-Grace.
As of Sunday, the 18th, it has been 15 months of waiting. Most people I know have not had to wait that long ... yet they so gently remind me that God is creating Mari-Grace for me. . . his will is perfect ... and when we are brought together ... it will be the right combination.
4. I am thankful that my friend Charlotte is bringing Rachael home to be a part of her forever family tomorrow.
5. I am thankful that my friends the Groves family, the Powell family, the Daniel family, and the Benham Family have received referrals...and that these special needs children will be given a chance at a normal life where thriving is inevitable.
6. I am thankful that I have been blessed with good health and prosperity.
7. Most of all, I am thankful that God gave his son as a perfect sacrifice. It is because of God's grace and forgiveness that I can live each day. God is the reason I have faith that this adoption will happen. God is the reason that I have the patience to go on each day. God gives me the strength to be an encouragement to others...and he helps me to realize I don't have to be perfect ... I just need to try.
Share your reasons for being thankful with those around you. Tell your friends you love them and appreciate them. Hug your kids and family. Always say I love you. And be Thankful for the little things in life.
Kammy
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.