Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

23 months and 1 week

I was flipping thru my calendar tonite. I found the notation in August that marks my 2 year anniversary of being DTC. Then I found the notation that indicated 2 years since my LID.

Funny thing is ... I remeber making the notes and thinking "Hmm....don't know why I'm making these notes...Mari-Grace will be there by then."
Isn't it remarkable how we, as humans, forget we are not in control !!!!

If I have learned anything from this adoption journey ... it has been pray with the faith that your prayers will be answered, but always remembering, sometimes the answer is yes ... sometimes it is no ... and sometimes the answer is simply to wait.

With each batch of referrals that come and go, I am reminded that my answer to my adoption prayer is to wait ... my child is not ready.

I will admit, sometimes, it feels like it is NEVER going to happen. But then I am reminded that God never breaks a promise...and I find peace in waiting, knowing that my child is with God at this time. God is preparing her .. to fit into my family. That brings tears to my eyes. What a great and wonderful creator we have.

So ... to those of you who are not handling the wait well....just remember ... God is in control, it is his time ... not ours ... and the child he creates will be a match literally made in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.