Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A year ago ....

A year ago today ... was just like the hundreds of days before ... I was still just Kammy. Just a single girl who wanted a baby. I was riding the roller coaster of waiting that was the Non-Special needs line of adoption in China. I had no idea that halfway around the world ... a little girl was being prepared for her adoption.

A year ago today ... I didn't have a clue that Dang Yun Mian even existed. I didn't know that I was any where near a referral.

A year ago today ... was just another day.

But today ... that is a different story. Today I saw the dancing eyes of a little girl who is now 2 years 10 months 17 days old. I heard her giggles as she danced the "Hokey Pokey" with her dancing elmo. I heard her say dog and bird and dance. I saw her get her first big girl haircut.
I looked at her tonite and said Wo Ai Yun Mian... I Love Yun Mian ... and I saw her get a huge smile ... and hug me tightly...she mumbled something that I couldn't yet understand ... but she burried her head in my neck with the biggest bear hug a 2 year old can give !!!

It has been a wild ride the last year ... and a ride I wouldn't trade for the world !!!

I have been so blessed with this amazing little girl ... and I wouldn't trade her for anything.
And to think ... that just a year ago...for me ... she was still a wish ... sent on the wings of prayer to God each night. Just another living proof that God answers prayers !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.