>
> We have had a very uneventful weekend. I came home from work Friday night with a temp of 104 and chills. Momma and Daddy came and spent the night so I could rest. Saturday was pretty much spent in the recliner watching Mari-Grace play. I didn't even make it to my hair appointment and I had to bail out of the Girl's Night Out I had planned.
>
> Last night my temp started inching back up and made it to 100.4. I felt pretty rotten. Luckily Uncle Greg came over and entertained MG for me for a while.
>
> Today, I woke up fine. MG now has a snotty nose. But, we have had a good day. We ventured out to Walmart so she could spend her gift card she got for her birthday. I needed to go get my MaMa a gift, but MG decided she was ready for a nap instead. As I write, she is snoozing.
>
> I can't help but think about MG's birthmother today. I am thankful for her courage to abandon MG at a police station where she would be found and taken to safety. I pray she has peace in her heart and somehow knows that MG is happy and healthy and very much loved!
>
> I also think about the foster mother that took care of MG until the time of adoption. This is the woman who tediously fed a cleft baby that could not suck. This is the woman in the Foster Mother Village that comforted MG when she cried, changed her stinky diapers, and played with her. This was likely the first person MG attached to, making successful attachment to me possible.
>
> I thank these 2 women with all of my heart.
>
> Being a mom is the greatest thing I've ever done! Without the sacrifice of the birthmother, and the care of the foster mother, I would no have this amazing child for which I am her mother forever!
>
>
> Sent from my iPad
Monday, May 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.