Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Practicing for Mari-Grace

Ok ... being wide awake at 2:30 in the morning is for the birds.
I guess I'm getting some prep work in for those "all-nighters" with the Mari-Grace.

I've been sick as a dog this week. I HAVE NOT HAD THE FLU !!!! I have had a VERY EVIL
respiratory infection. I woke up not feeling great on Tuesday ... but mostly sinus drainage. However ... at 2am Wednesday morning, I my eyes felt like they were roasting. My face was as hot as a firecracker, and my insides just felt hot. So, I rummaged thru the house to find my thermometer. My temp was 100.2. Not too high, but enough to make me feel like a shitake mushroom in a frying pan.

I started antibiotics on Wednesday. I pretty much felt like crap ... running a low grade temp.
I pretty much only wanted to sleep. So since I WAS ON VACATION ... I did just that. I got up long enough to drink a slushy and take a shower then lay back down on the couch with my wonderful electric blankie my mommy bought me for Christmas.

Thursday, I ventured out to Fed-Ex the stuff from the China Store back to Chinasprout....came back home, and promptly hit the couch AGAIN. This stuff started moving down into my chest, and I started coughing Thursday night. I had some high powered cough med (from 2005). So I took a dose ... well 1/2 tsp ... since it knocks me on my buttocks. At bedtime, I took a whole teaspoonful. Sure enough, I spent Friday sleeping it off. I promptly got some Mucinex DM ... and that has helped knock this stuff loose.

Today is Saturday ... and I actually felt half human again. I worked on Mari-Grace's quilt some today. And that brings me to now. It is a quarter to 3 in the morning ... and I can't get to sleep. I've read, I've sewed, and now I'm blogging.

PLEASE SLEEP .... COME ON OVER !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.