Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Concurrent Adoption ????

A friend of mine the other day suggested that maybe Mari-Grace is not meant to be a big sister ... maybe she is supposed to be a little sister.

Another friend suggested that I open doors, and allow GOD to close the doors he doesn't want me to go thru.

So ... with these to statements in mind, I have decided to look into a concurrent adoption.
First, let me say, it really frustrates me that so few domestic agencies are willing to work with single adoptive parents. Sometimes it feels as if I am being punished for choosing to remain single and wait for the man God intended for me to spend my life with instead of settling for Mr. Right Now.

I can choose to adopt domestically thru the Department of Human Services. I am actually going to an information seminar with The Call in Arkansas. The Call works thru churches to place kids in foster homes. I am gathering information on the Foster-to-adopt program. I don't know if I'll do it or not , but gathering information never hurts.

I am also gathering information on 2 international adoption programs: Nepal an Kazakhstan.
Nepal is a country between India and China .. it is famous for the world's tallest mountain .. Mt Everest.
Kazakhstan was part of the former Soviet Union. It is an eastern European country.
BOTH countries are open to singles.

My BIGGEST issue with international adoption is finding the funds to do a concurrent adoption.
I may be asking for help from all of my friends and family to help with fund-raising.

Just PRAY that God opens my heart, and my mind, and gives me the strength and courage to go thru the doors that HE opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.