When I started this process, I was DTC with 6 families.
3 of the families were from here in Little Rock (me + 2 more)
2 families from Oklahoma (1 of which is also a single mom)
1 family in California
The family in California dropped out of the wait some time ago.
1 family in Okalhoma, I never got much response from when I tried to contact.
The other 3 families I have become friends with over the last 4 years.
The Hiett family here in Little Rock adopted a little girl from South Korea last year. They are still waiting for a NSN child from China.
The Freville Family adopted a little girl from Datong City SWI in November of 2009. Their daughter is what we call an "Orphanage" sister for Mari-Grace.
I brought Mari-Grace home in June.
That leaves Rebecca S. She is actually another single mom from Oklahoma. I am THRILLED that on August 16, 2010, her daughter Emma was placed in her arms for the very first time !!!!
It is so exciting to know that we are all FOREVER FAMILIES now !!!
I have two more friends who have now been waiting 4 years to be united with the daughters.
Cherry L. has a LID of 5-17-06, so I am PRAYING that she receives a referral in September and that she and her husband David travel to China before the end of this year.
The other family has a LID in July '06. Charity and Gary still have a bit longer to wait, and I pray that the CCAA continues with the referral of 5-6 LIDS per month (or more) so they can be united with their daughter soon.
Please keep all of these families in your prayers. Forever Families or waiting families ... we all need the blessings that God has in store for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.