Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 19, 2010

What did I do today ???

I received Mari-Grace's Certificate of Citizenship in the mail this week. WHOO HOO !!!!!
That was exciting. So today, I packed up her passport, her adoption decree, her certificate of citizenship, HER, and headed to the Social Security Administration office to apply for a Social Security Card. I fully expected long lines and to wait forever ... we were completely finished in 30 minutes !!!!!

So ... we headed to Target. I found the cutest little cowboy boots. The only problem ... they only had 1 size 6. Now you ask ... what is the problem with having 1 pair of what I wanted .... IT WASN'T A PAIR !!! IT WAS ONE SIZE 6 BOOT !!!! I looked the shoe department over and never found the mate!!!

One thing I learned today ... don't rely on the boxes for the style or size of shoe at Target. According to the lady working in the department, they keep the boxes and recycle them. If someone returns shoes without a box, they just pick one !!! Now how stupid is that. Apparently they sell 1 shoe of a kind too.

The search for the perfect toddler cowboy boots continues !

I did find some really cute wall decals. Since I moved her bed into what started out as the playroom ... the new playroom was ... shall I say .. .DULL !!!! The wall decals were peel and stick ... surely I could do that on my own. AND I DID !!!! Now the playroom has a tree with owls and birds and flowers and mushrooms and even a porcupine on one wall. One the other wall, I spelled out the words LOVE, JOY, HOPE, and FAITH with flowers and hearts and butterflies. Now the room has some pizazz!!!!!

I've got to take some pictures ... I'll post them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.