Thanks for the prayers.
My friends arrived safely back in Arkansas to day with their son. He is absolutely ADORABLE!!!
I pray that their experience the first few weeks at home goes as smoothly as mine did.
Mari-Grace did very well at the airport. There were many strangers around, but familiar with her via the blog. She didn't offer to go to anyone except Hannah and Me ... THAT IS GOOD!!!
She pretty much clung to me. I think part of it may have been a little anxiety from the crowd and returning to the airport. But, it is good that she turned to me for comfort!!!!
She let my neighbor play with her tonite while Kelley and I wresteled trying to fit a carseat into her Easter Egg (aka...the Honda Fit). How do you get a carseat in a car the size of a tomato? Very carefully !!!! The boys gave it a good effort over the weekend, but Kelley and I felt it needed some adjusting. So ... between the two of us ... we installed that darn thing !!!
My neighbor and Mari-Grace played with "Todd" and "Kitten" ... the neighbor's 2 cats. Mari-Grace did very well petting them ... and being gentle.
Oh .. I forgot ... we went to eat at FuLin's Chinese Restaurant tonite. I have never seen Mari-Grace get so excited over food. We had wonton soup for an appetizer ... let me rephrase that .. .Mari-Grace ate my wontons out of the soup. When they brought out the eggroll ... Mari-Grace got very excited. I was trying to cut some up for her, and she snatched it, and just started chewing on it. Of course, I watched to make sure she wasn't getting choked ... and she downed the whole thing. I ordered her some steamed dumplings ... and they were pretty good size ... she at 2 of them. All of the time, she was cooing and grinning the biggest grin I've seen. Obviously, this was food she recognized ... and she was thrilled to eat it. Matter of fact, she topped off dinner with a fortune cookie!
I've got to learn how to make milk tarts .... it was a custard like dessert that we ate in Guangzhou. They were HEAVENLY ... it is very similar to egg custard. I also need to make a trip to the asian grocery store to get some potstickers and steamed buns.
Ok .. now that I've got my mouth watering again ... it's time to head off to bed.
Good night all.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.