The snow falling is beautiful !!! It has been a while since we've gotten the pretty powdery snow.
Our snow is usually preceded by ice ... lots of ice.
Tonite ... the snow has let up a bit ... but is supposed to continue off and on thru the night. I'd say we have a good 2-3 inches...which for the Little Rock area is enough to shut down the town.
Mari-Grace wasn't pleased at having to sleep in her footed pajamas tonite. BUT ... since she won't sleep under cover ... she had to have something to stay warm !!!
Little toodles had a great time playing in the snow tonite. MaMa had a blast watching her. I started gathering essentials of snow play on Friday with a trip to Old Navy ... found rubber boots and a scarf. I tried to put Mari-Grace's sweet little pink hat on her today .... it was too small !!! The mittens didn't work out so well either. So ... as the snow began to fall ... I made a mad dash to Kohls. I found the cutest little gloves ... they have the fingers open, but a mitten cover to pull over them. There was also a set of regular gloves. Putting them on her was hilarious. I was telling her to put 1 finger in each hole ... and she was giggling up a storm.
Found her a cute toboggin hat .... it is actually for a grown up ... but it looks so adorable on her.
So far ... Only 1 fall and no injuries. LOL ... I was racing across the front yard to catch the family and give my nephew his insulated overalls that he left at my house. I completely forgot about the tree root that is on top of the ground. It's hard enough for me not to trip over it when I see it ... but alas ... covered with snow ... it was impossible to see. I tripped and hit the ground...I twisted my knee a little, but no injury. Silly thing, it makes me MAD to fall down.
Snow is really cold on exposed hands !!!! Needless to say ... I'm a bit sore tonite from twisting on the way down.
Luckily I wasn't carrying Mari-Grace. She was standing in the front door ... head hanging outside .... squealing with laughter and waving at me. Gotta love it !!!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.