So ... Tuesday morning ... I woke up to Mari-Grace standing beside me patting my cheek.
She had fallen asleep in the floor ... and me on the couch in the living room.
I looked at her, and saw what appeared to be lotion on her hands and face.
I said ... "Oh boy ... Mari-Grace has been in the lotion."
Well ... I turned on the light and realized ... it wasn't lotion at all ... Mari-Grace had found a little jar of vaseline. She had applied it liberally to her face ... her hands ... her legs ... her belly and most importantly ... HER HAIR !!! Yes ... Mari-Grace had put a half of a 1 ounce jar of vaseline in her hair.
So .. we trapse to Omaw's house this way. I wish I had a picture of my Mom's face when she looked at Mari-Grace. It was priceless. She thought I'd brought her out with wet hair. But no .. MG was a petroleum princess.
I put her in the bath tub ... and I shampooed her hair 3 times before I left for work. My mom shampooed 3 more times ... and still couldn't get it all out.
Omaw gave up and took Mari-Grace to the beauty shop. They leaned her back in the chair and washed her hair with Dawn detergent. (If it works on the animals in the Gulf ... why not on MG's hair).
It took another washing on Wednesday to finally get the crud out. But her hair is certainly well conditioned now !!!
Will post a picture as soon as I can get it to download correctly.
Stay tuned for more adventures of Mari- Grace !!!
Toodles !
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I laughed out loud at this. One of my good friends in junior high was an African American girl with kinky hair. She was adopted into a multi-racial family, but she was the only one with hair like that, and she wanted her hair to be glossy. So when she was a little girl she applied the whole tub of petroleum jelly to her hair to make it shine!
ReplyDeleteRuby