Well, here we are in mid-October. Hard to believe that we are well into fall now. The temperatures here are starting to get a bit chilly. Our high today was 58. Right now, it is 48. I had to break down and turn on the heat in the house tonite. I am freezing !
We've got a big week ahead of us. This weekend, we are going to try to meet with Mari-Grace's orphanage sister, Chloe, for a playdate. That is during the day Saturday. Saturday night, we have a family dinner. Sunday is a trip to the pumpkin patch. Next Wednesday, at pre-school, is a Halloween Party where the kids wear their costumes and "trick or treat". Next Friday night, we have "Boo at the Zoo". That is an event hosted at the Little Rock Zoo. They have a haunted train ride, bounce house, carnival rides, and trick or treating.
Mari-Grace is not too sure about the "Halloween hair" she gets to wear. She is going to be a Rag Doll, so the red yarn hair is a must to complete the costume. Just not sure she will wear it. She looks so darn cute.
Mari-Grace has entered a new phase of life. The "I'll do it myself" phase. She thinks she has to buckle her own seat belt (of course Mom always checks to make sure it is done right). She has to pour her own "gink" (aka drink). Tonite she decided to help herself to a cup and a bottle of water. That was funny. Needless to say, I have the cleanest kitchen floor in the south.
Mari-Grace has developed quite a little personality. This morning she let it be known really quick that she didn't want to wear the shirt I had picked out. She wanted her "witch" shirt. That is her Halloween witch shirt. She didn't want to put on her "nannies" she wanted to put on her diaper. We had to have a little discussion about wearing her big girl panties to school. Needless to say, MG decided she'd lay down in the floor, kick and cry. HOWEVER, Momma won that battle. The whole time she was fussing, I was putting on her panties, pants, and shoes. Next was the hairbow ... she didn't want to wear the one I picked out .. NOOOO ... she had to have a "gink" one ... (gink = pink). Then it came time to put on a jacket. She wanted a "yeyow" one. Funny thing is ... she doesn't have a "yeyow" one. What she really wanted was the "gurgle" jacket. (gurgle = purple). Then she decided she wanted some "yoyur" (yogurt) in a baby infant feeder. She had yogurt and graham crackers for breakfast. At least she ate.
She is too funny. I pretend to be an alligator and use my arms to make a big mouth. The alligater walks thru the living room saying "chomp ... chomp ... chomp" and then proceeds to eat things ... like baby dolls and other toys. MG howls with laughter. She will climb up anybody close enough when we are playing. She will hide and giggle and when the alligator "eats her up" ... she giggles as I give her a really big hug. TOO MUCH FUN !!! When the alligator walks away ... she mouths at me. I can't understand most of what the mouthing is, but it usually ends with "mo gickles" (more tickles).
We also play "catching kisses". I'll kiss her cheek, then the kiss "jumps" off. We catch the kiss and put it somewhere else. Sometimes it ends up in my pocket, sometimes her pocket. She'll jump and catch the kiss ... hold it in her hands like a tiny butterfly, and look at it and say "shh".
What else? Oh , gymnastics. We gave up on gymnastics. She just wasn't participating at all in the class. When she'd get home, she can do every single move they did in class. She was paying attention, but just refused to participate. I didn't mind dropping the gymnastics because she is taking dance at her pre-school. One of the very well known dance schools around here has 2 teachers that teach a 45 minute class at the preschool once a week. MG seems to be doing well there. It also doesn't eat into our Mamma and me time.
MG has also started a new little look. She'll do something ...look at me, cock her head to one side, and grin a devilish little grin. It is too cute. Tonite at dinner, I was telling her Aunt Kelley how MG's witch shirt matched her mood today. MG rolled her eyes and grinned, and did the I don't know pose with her hands. It was so adorable.
One thing is for certain, this kid has us completely wrapped around her finger !
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It's so wonderful to "discover" their personalities. Keeps life full of surprises.
ReplyDeleteRuby