As I was laying in bed with Mari-Grace tonite, a bit of a tear came to my eye. Suddenly, I found myself wondering what will she remember from the times we spend together?
Will she remember the time at the beach with her playing in the sand and me nearby? Will she remember blowing raspberries on my leg as we run down the hall laughing? Will she remember snuggling next to me at bedtime, with her little hand on my face and her smiling at me? Will she remember sitting in the recliner reading book after book? Will she remember hollering "tickles" and then squealing with laughter?
The house may be a wreck ... and trust me ... it is. I have clothes to fold, clothes to wash, clothes to hang up. I have enough dust on the furniture to start sprouting small vegetation. But you know what ... in 20 years ... I won't care that the house was a wreck. I won't remember the toys strewn across the floor and the laundry that needs to be put away.
We are making memories ! I'll remember playing doll house. I'll remember the stories and the tickles and the silly faces. I'll remember the laughter and her chasing me down the hallway to blow raspberries on my leg. I'll remember how her eyes dance when she laughs, and how that little sponge of a brain soaks up everything.
We are making memories ... and that is ALL that matters !!!
Take time to make good memories with your loved ones. Whether it be a walk in the park or snuggling reading a book. Time is the most important investment you can give another person.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.