You know, it is November. Most of us take this time, as the holidays begin, to reflect on the things in life that make us thankful.
I've tried to create a facebook post every day .. and I find myself being very thankful for the little things in life.
My post tonite on the blog is kind of a sad one.
I have a good friend, who is facing a bone marrow transplant. She is married, and has a 6 year old daughter. I have a family member who is 27 and has breast cancer. Today, she had a radical mastectomy with reconstruction. She is married and has a 4 year old daughter.
I am very thankful tonite for my good health. I am also thankful that I have taken the time to create this blog. With 2 people, who are close to me, facing potentially terminal health conditions, I am contemplating mortality more and more. If something were to happen to me, I wonder what Mari-Grace would have to hold on to remember me by ????
In my opinion, it is important to leave more than just things behind. I have pictures, which I need to get labeled and into photo albums. I also have this blog ... which I will be getting in print form soon. I hope that Mari-Grace will be able to read my posts, and know how much I adore her.
I hope that she will see the pictures of the beach, and our trips to the Pumpkin Patch, and the zoo ... and she'll remember what good times we have together. I hope that she can read the words, and see that I loved her, even before I met her. I hope that it is creating something she will treasure in the future.
As I said in the last post, it doesn't matter how clean the house is or how many things we have ... what matters is the time we spend together reading ... snuggling ... playing ... laughing ... making hand print art ... singing ... being silly ... sharing hugs and kisses We aren't busy keeping up the Jones' ... we are perfectly content being together making memories !!!
And as long as I can ... I want to record those memories !!!!
Monday, November 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.