Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Adventures in BabySitting

Well, my good friend, Jane, called me to babysit yesterday. She has a 7 year old son, a 3 year old daughter, and a 1 year old daughter.

Well ... Of course, I need all of the practice I can get. So ... I said YES.

Kennedi, the youngest, was asleep when I got there.

We had great fun. Maggie and I dressed Pooh in dress up clothes...Pooh was transformed into Snow White ... and Maggie ... the Little Mermaid. She was mesmerized by her new harmonica ... and tortured her brother Cade, by constantly playing it while he was trying to watch "Cory in the House" and "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody".

Cade was great. He is a terrific big brother. When Kennedi woke up, he told me how to fix her pink milk and heat it in the microwave. He also helped me keep her out of the potty chair.

Maggie is potty training ... I am proud to say she had no accidents while I was there.

Kennedi ... she is a hoot. She just wanted to be held .. and of course, I ate that up.

It was a lot of fun. But I did realize something ... If God honors my request, and creates 2 beauties for me to bring home from China ... How am I gonna make mac and cheese with no hands???? It was fun trying with 1 baby on my hip ... remeber .... handle turned into the cabinet or middle of stove ... not sticking out where little hands can reach ... hold baby on side opposite from stove ... stir with right hand ... baby on left hip.

I love kids. I can't wait to be a mom. Sure, It will not be all fun and games. I'm not looking forward to the puke and poop and temper tantrums, but that precious little smile ... and laying her sweet little head on my shoulder ... that will make the wait worth every minute !!!!

Kammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.