Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I wonder???

You know, they say the adoptive mom can experience symptoms of pregnancy. It is a hormonal thing related to the emotions involved in the adoption.

Well ... my baby's birthmother must be pregnant right now. I am experiencing food cravings. I don't usually like Peanut Butter and crackers. Just not my favorite snack .. but for the last 2 or 3 weeks, I have to have a package of austin brand peanut butter crackers in the afternoon.

And what's with GoldFish???? I've never been a big fan of those cute little crackers, but now I have 3 flavors...the pretzels are my favorite.

We were talking about the adoption today at work. We were discussing my food cravings ... here's a tidbit for you.

When I first started my paperwork, I experienced nausea ... every morning for about 6 weeks. I had nausea throughout the day too. I had food cravings ... I ate mushrooms with every meal ... I don't even like mushrooms. I was SOOOO emotional. One minute I'd be laughing, the next in tears, and the next mad. I didn't tell anyone but my sister....she laughed and said it was sympathy pains for my birthmother.

When I went to the preparing for international adoption seminar my agency required ... my social worker warned the married couples that the woman might experience symptoms of pregnancy .... the emotional stuff would effect hormones .... BOY WAS SHE RIGHT !!!!!! I WASN'T CRAZY .... I WAS "PREGNANT" !!!!

Ok ... so 21 months later, well ... I could've birthed an elephant. By the time I get Mari-Grace, I might could've birthed 2 elephants !!!!

Do you think I should change her name to Ellie ... SHORT FOR ELEPHANT ????
(I think not !!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.