Well, I have managed to spend the last week doing NOTHING !!!
It has been WONDERFUL !!!! I didn't realize how exhausted I was. I was really getting burned out at work, and my attitude was really starting to show it.
I am hoping that when I go back to the drug store on Monday, I will be better able to tolerate the stress.
I'm already looking forward to the next vacation ... it'll probably be in September.
Ok... so what exactly did I do on vacation. The plans were all set out.
1. Flower beds ... clean them out, fill them with new dirt, plant new flowers. GUESS WHAT ???? That one actually got done. I weeded the flowerbed that was growing over. Daddy got me a truckload of dirt, and HE filled the flower beds. I bought 2 hydrangeas, 2 azaleas, a couple of clematis vines. I can't seem to make up my mind where I want them, so I just planted them all in flowerpots. That way, I can move them around. Daddy dug up my hostas, and I split them ... amazing how 3 became 6 so easily. Now I have to figure out where I want them.
2. Hang up all the laundry ... wash all the clothes ... get them ready to go for work next week.
hmmm... NOPE...didn't happen. I still have about 3 loads to wash and ALL of them to hang up. I hate laundry. I'm trying so hard to get into the habit of keeping up with washing, drying, folding, and hanging it up. I'll NEVER stay caught up when "The Mari-Grace" arrives at this rate.
3. Clean out closets for yard sale. NOPE .... that didn't happen either. I have a yard sale schedueled in 3 weeks ... no idea what I'm gonna put in it.
4. Vaccuum out the car ... YEP ... Did that today. I could've grown azaleas in the trunk. It took about 30 minutes to vaccuum out. And by the way.... those swiffer dusters work great on the dashboard.
5. Get a massage and pedicure .... 1/2 done. I got a massage Tuesday....and suffered ever since. I was VERY tight in my neck and shoulders. The massage therapist really worked hard on them. I am STILL sore 3 days later. Was it worth it ... YES. I haven't quite made it to the pedicure place yet. That reminds me ... I need to paint my toenails before tomorrow ... or at least remove the nail polish on them.
6. Rest and Relax ... 100% accomplished. I only slept in 1 morning ... that was today until noon. I should've gotten up early, but I didn't. I've kind of felt crummy today all day. My body is achy and I've been light-headed. But I did manage to gather up everything I needed for the baby shower I'm helping with on Saturday.
That being said ... that's a recap of my vacation. I spent most of my week playing with 2 year olds...and that was the greatest reward of all.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.