Yes .. this is my ankle. On Friday, it was sunny ... and not FREEZING outside. At work, we threw away a slim book shelf. Somehow, it got wedged in the dumpster ... and was taking up a lot of room.
Being the genius I am ... I said ... "We can get it loose, we'll just climb in the dumpster." DUH ... it was wedged right under the door that we would use to clime in ... so that was out ... there was also about 2 inches of water in the bottom. YUCK !!!!
Dan, our pharmacy clerk, found a landscape timber. We managed to get the shelves busted loose ... no problem. After some banging and tugging and pulling, we got the shelf loose .... YEAH.
We decided we needed to break up the long pieces that caused the darn thing to get wedged in the first place.
Once again ... genius here ... decide to hold one end, and balance the other on the opening to the dumpster while Dan gave it a good whack with the landscape timber. He whacked it ok. The end I was holding bounced back and hit my left ankle. I had to work hard not to let out more than CRAPPIT !!!
Needless to say ... I have a terrible bruise on my ankle and it is very sore.
Well, let's make matters worse.
I stopped at Target on my way home from church today. I was strolling along at a pretty good clip when I stepped on a seam in the concrete right in front of the entrance. I twisted my left ankle ... and before I knew it, I was eating pavement. Yes, I fell flat of my face smack dab in front of the entrance to Target. My ankle let out a loud pop ... and all I could think of was I've broken my ankle and they are gonna have to call 911 to haul my big rear to the ER.
Luckily ... I didn't break it. After I sat there a minute ... I realized that that all that was hurt was my pride. My ankle is pretty stiff. It's a little swollen ... and sore. NOTHING BROKEN.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.