Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why Marathons and Church don't Mix

Each year, Little Rock hosts a marathon in downtown. The marathon winds around thru the historical district, the business district, around the State Capital, etc. The race course covers a lot of tourist areas.

Now .. I attend church at Central Church of Christ Downtown. I called my brother-in-law to find out the best route to take to church because of the marathon. I was told to take the Broadway exit, go to 7th St and all should be fine .... NOT !!!!!!!

By the time I got to the Broadway exit .. there was a police car blocking it with yellow police tape. So, I tried to go further in down town, but anyway I went I had to cross a major leg of the course. I found Juanita's, Community Bakery, and several other places I've heard of but never been to.

I ended up back on the interstate, in NLR .. called for help ... This time ... they said .. Take the Chester St Exit, make the U-Turn, get on 7th and come thru. NOT... I took the exit, made the U-Turn, got to 7th ... as about 150 runners came thru. The police lady working the intersection told me it'd be about 45 minutes before there was a break in the runners to cross the street.

I was 3 blocks away from the church building ... no place to park ... and they weren't letting foot traffic across the streets either.

Needless to say, by this time, it was too late to go to church anywhere else, so I turned around and went home.

I am reminded why I always skip church on Marathon day ... YOU CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE !!!!!!

Anyway ... it was a good laugh for me as I drove around the streets of Little Rock trying to find my way around the runners, and for Greg, Kelley, Doug and Jenifer ... they were trying to give me directions ...

And that .... That is why Marathons and Church don't mix !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.