Ok ... well ... I'm being completely irrational right now.
I have been following a baby, called Tina, on the Chinese Starfish Cleft Blog since February.
The first moment I saw her picture ... I had this overwhelming sense that she was destined to be mine.
Now ... I know that China does not allow you to Pre-identify a child. So in all reality ... without a miracle ... this child will not be mine.
Still yet .. this is the child that convinced me to ask for a special needs child in my last homestudy update.
Even though I know that in all reality, "Tina" will most likely not be my child, I feel incredibly drawn to her...in a way I've never been drawn to another child before.
So, I follow the blog. I pray that she is blessed with good health, and joined with her forever family soon.
She was a newborn when I first saw her pictures. She is about 6 months old now.
On the blog today, the lady who runs the foster home said that she would scheduled for surgery in November .. with Dr Buckmiller. Dr. Buckmiller is a ENT/Cleft repair specialist at Arkansas Children's Hospital. This is the doctor my child will see on a regular basis IF I accept the referral of a cleft lip/palate baby.
WOW. Could this be an Arkansas connection ????
I KNOW .... I KNOW .... I KNOW .... this is so incredibly ridiculous for me to think about ... but who knows what God has in store !!!!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



This makes my heart happy. This is the time in the process that reality is scary and thrilling and different. You will find your child, be it Tina or another destined to meet.
ReplyDeleteKaren in Tennessee
You just never know. We are seeing Dr. B on Oct. 23rd for a laser treatment. Remind me and I will tell her to bring little Tina home for you. I wish I could go on a medical mission trip. Maybe after nursing school. Besides you could ask...all they can do is tell you "no"...then just ask again...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE my A and P class. Dr. SOulsby is the bomb.
can't wait to meet Mari_Grace!