Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby .. it's cold .. out...side

Arkansas is seeing some of the lowest temperatures in 14 years.
As I write this post, it is 22 degrees ... BRRR !!!
Sunday afternoon, it snowed. It was cold enough, that when you looked at the snowflakes, you could see all 6 points.

As I sat, looking at a snowflake in amazement, I marveled at God's creativity.
There are no 2 things on earth exactly alike. Even "identical" twins have differences.
It is amazing to think that we are fearfully and wonderfully made in God's image.

I sometimes wonder what God looks like .. then I see the sunset, and I see Him.
I see the ocean, and I feel Him in the motion of the waters, and the breezes that blow along the shore. I look at the mountains, and I see His majesty.
I look at the trees changing colors in the fall, and I see His awe.

God is all around me. He carries me when I am tired and weary. He stands beside me when I am successful.

When I think of Mari-Grace ... sometimes I wonder if she is a newborn, laying somewhere in the cold, all alone. I wonder is she in an orphange somewhere. Does she have enough to eat? Does she have someone to hold her when she cries? Does someone share her laughs and smiles?

I know without a doubt .. the answer is yes. It may not be in the form of a human. But I know that if God surrounds me in the way He does, He also surrounds her.
He is with her birth-family, as they make the choice to abandon her. He guides that stranger on the way who finds her, and takes her somewhere safe.
He is the orphanage worker that takes care of her in the baby room. He is with the orphanage director, who prepares her paperwork and begins her journey to a new life.
God is with the CCAA match person, who looks at her, and sees our common interests.

God is so much a part of this adoption plan. It is my faith in Him that guides my steps, and keeps my heart open to this process.

God is all around me. I lean on His arms. I know that if He can make millions of snowflakes .. all intricate ... all different ... all unique ... He will create the perfect little girl for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.