Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

1 week till surgery

It is Labor Day ... about 12:30 am. Mari-Grace is sleeping peacefully, but MaMa is wide awake.
I'm tired, but the brain just isn't shutting down yet...at least not enough to sleep.


Today is 9-6-10 ... and we are 1 week away from Mari-Grace's first surgery.
I'm excited to get started, but I'm also getting very nervous.
As a parent ... many things are running thru my head. I worry about my baby having anesthetic ... how will she react, will it make her sick? I worry about her being in pain. Yes, I know there are great medicines out there to help her ... but I don't want her to have to hurt. I don't want to have to hear her crying, knowing there's not really anything I can do to help, other than meds of course. I don't want her to suffer. I don't want her to have to wear her "no-no's" .... the splints they will have to put on her arms to keep her from putting her hands and other items in her mouth.

I wonder what she will look like after her surgery? They are doing a palate repair, lip adhesion, and putting tubes in her ears. I know that we what we see after the surgery next week won't be a "final" look ... but I still wonder what it'll be like. The palate and tubes of course we won't see external effects, but the lip adhesion we will. We will see a preliminary look for when her actual lip repair is done 3-4 months from now.


I worry about her breathing. Now she breathes thru her mouth and nose. She'll have to learn to breath thru the tiny openings in her nose...as healthy people do instinctively.

I worry about her eating. We'll have to be on liquids for 3 weeks after the surgery...will she eat well, or not?

I worry about something going wrong during surgery ... anytime you undergo anesthetic and a procedure of anykind, there are risks ... What if she has a reaction to the anesthetic, or what if for some unpredictable reason, the surgery doesn't work ???


I'm praying a lot. I'm praying that God will take care of my baby ... and I KNOW that He will.

He brought her to me, and I have the faith to believe that He isn't going to let anything happen to her now. So I give Him all my worries and fears, and have the faith that He will give me the strength to get thru this surgery and time of healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.