Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving .....

Thursday, November 25, 2010
This will be our first Thanksgiving with Mari-Grace. What a joyful year it has been. Eight months ago, I saw the face of my sweet baby for the first time. It was an unexpected joy, and a glimpse of the sweet girl that would make me a proud and happy MaMa.
A lot has happened in 8 months. Yard Sales, spaghetti supper, baby showers, a trip of a lifetime to China for Me, Kelley, and Hannah. A trip of a lifetime for Mari-Grace to the USA. So what am I thankful for ??? Let the list begin...

* I am thankful that God created me, with a purpose in mind.

* I am greatful that God has blessed me with a good job, a nice home, plenty to eat, good health, and a wonderful family.

* I am thankful that I've lost 80+ pounds, and that I'm healthier today than I was a year ago.

* I am thankful that Mari-Grace is home. She is with family that adores her, and she is happy and healthy.

* I am greatful that God has blessed the surgical team at AR Children's Hospital with the gift to reconstruct smiles ... I am very greatful that my daughter is in such capable hands.

* I am grateful that our bonding has been such an easy process. When I see Mari-Grace, I know that she is MY child. She was created by God, unique in every way, and was I was blessed to receive her as a gift.

* I am thankful for her Chinese birth mother and birth father. Somewhere, 1000's of miles away, is a mother and father who are NOT with their daughter. They aren't seeing her fabulous smile. They don't get to hear her marvelous laughter. While my heart hurts for their loss, and I wonder why they couldn't have kept Mari-Grace .... I am truly grateful that they chose to give her life. In a country where abortion is an option, and to abandon a child is a crime ... they did what they had to do to make sure she was given a chance at a life they could not provide. I am grateful that God used them as a vessel to deliver my daughter to me.

* I am thankful for China...for the experience there. I appreciate living in the USA a whole lot more. We have clean water...safe air (for the most part)...opportunities galore. We have an abundance ... of everything ... and we take it all for granted most of the time. In China ... orphanges sometimes don't even have the coal they need to heat the buildings in the winter.

* I am also thankful for the People of China ... we were greeted with kindness, compassion, generosity. I have a love in my heart for China, it's history, it's culture, and it's people.

* I am thankful for my friends. Without these folks, I'd have never survived the 4 year wait to bring Mari-Grace home. They pitched in and helped in every sense of the word.

* This year ... I can honestly say I am MOST thankfult that God has blessed me with such a beautiful child. She is so fun, and smart. She makes me laugh, and I feel like my heart is finally whole. She's happy and healthy. Her giggles make my heart sing!!! She is truly a miracle in every sense. I absoulutely adore her ... and her kisses and hugs and smiles ... and hearing her say MaMa ... is AWESOME !!!!!

So ... On Thanksgiving ... I give thanks to God for the blessings in my life. I have many ... much to many to list.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, and God bless you (of course He already has).

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touched by your prayer! Happy thanksgiving to you and Mari-Grace!

    From Luters

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.