Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nothing new to tell

The adventures of Mari-Grace are a bit dull at the moment.
I worked about an hour this morning, then I have the rest of the day off. I decided to pull out Christmas decorations ... at least move them from the storage building to the garage. There is something just not right about Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. I just couldn't make myself put anything out. . . it's 70 degrees... perfect weather to do the lights outside ... I just can't put them up ... not before Thanksgiving. SO ... the decorations that I'm going to use this year are in the garage and ready to go for the hysterical decorating I'll be doing after MG goes to sleep at night !!!

MG by the way is doing awesome. She can now jump with two feet off the floor. It's hilarious to watch her.

She's turning into quite the little mommy herself. At night, she has to get her baby, Mickey Mouse, and Rabbit cuddle blankie all lined up on the bed. She kisses them all, covers them up, pats them on the back, then rolls over to go to sleep. She feeds Mickey her sippy cup ... which means I have to change the sheets on the bed ... stuffed Mickey just doesn't drink strawberry milk very well.

She feeds her babies with a spoon ... the funny thing is, she flips it upside down ... just like I do with her.

She is babbling constantly now ... and we are starting to be able to make out real words once in a while. Matter of fact, she babbles enough that the drooling has almost stopped. That is a wonderful thing ... NO MORE BIBS 24/7 !!!!

She's up to 29.4 pounds ... and solid as a rock. We have all of her shots up to date now.

I'm excited to see how she reacts to all of the Christmas stuff. She already recognizes a snowman when she see one. And yes ... I'll feed into the Santa "Myth" that's part of the fun of having a child at Christmas. Heck ... I'm 38 years old ... and every year, something unexpected turns up under the tree with a note from Santa. I still believe ... that's what keeps the magic of Christmas alive !!!

Let's see ... what else ... Oh ... her sleep is back to normal ... YES !!! Only thing is, she is sleeping with me ... but who cares if we both get to rest !!!

I'm still doing well with my lap-band. I haven't talked about that much lately, because there really isn't a lot to tell. I've lost between 80-90 pounds ... I say between because since I got home from China, I've been juggling the same 4-5 pounds up and down. Of course, I'm proud of that ... I'm maintaining my loss, and I've never been able to do that before.

I've still got 50-60 pounds I'd like to loose. I've dropped from a tight 28 pants size to a loose 20 and some 18's ... yes I just admitted online ... but I'm proud of it. I haven't been an 18 since I was a senior in high school.

Ok .. well that is all of the rambling I can come up with today. It's 2:23 pm , and Mari-Grace should be waking up from a nap soon. She's still at Mom's house (so I wouldn't mess up her routine today).

Toodles all.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the fabulous weight loss! You definitely have something precious to stay healthy for, right? Your description of her bedtime ritual is just adorable. You must be an awesome mom if she takes such good care of her "babies". And who cares if she sleeps with you? It's good for both of you. (And you're right-no Christmas decorations until the turkey has at least cooled in the pan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children make Christmas so special. Just think what a wonderful time you will have this year. Looking forward to seeing those pictures! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Luters

    We are so glad to see Mari-grace.
    She is so pretty and doing great.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.