Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

2 weeks POST-OP

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since surgery.   Mari-Grace is doing well.   I had a little scare on Tuesday night.  
She was wiggling her lip, and her nose and lip seemed to be very detached. 
I e-mailed the Doctor's office, and sent pictures of her nose and lip.   The nurse responded very quickly.   We decided that
it was time to stop using the 1/2 peroxide/water mixture on her nose.   It seemed that the area around the incisions were staying to wet
and irritated.   We are now cleaning the area 1-2 times a day with saline solution and applying an antibiotic ointment.   It looks a LOT
better !!
 
She has been out of preschool for 2 weeks now.   She will start back on Monday.  I am ready for both of us to get into a normal routine again.
 
She has had a couple of "regression" issues with this surgery.    Regressions of some kind are normal when kids undergo surgery.  ( The first 2 times
she had surgery, she had horrible night terrors.   She would sleep 2-3 hours at a time and wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake for hours.  She started having to sleep with me.   With the help of melatonin, we finally acheived a normal sleep pattern. )
 
With this surgery, her issue has been peeing in her pants.   After the nose surgery, she was literally soaking thru pullups 3-4 times a day.   Most of that was due to the IV fluids she was given during the surgery, so I didn't worry.   On Saturday, following the surgery, we went back into the panties (or Ninny Nannies as she calls them).   Well let me tell you, we changed pants and panties 4-5 times a day.   By Wednesday, she was back to using the potty pretty well.   Then on Friday, she had to be put out again with anestheic so that they could remove the stitches.   Here we are a week later, and she is STILL having accidents.   We had 2 days this week that she did pretty well on the potty, but today, she has had 3 accidents.   I know that she will get the hang of it again, but this can be frustrating !!!
 
The other issue she is having is that she is very CLINGY !!!!!   Now, she is a MaMa's girl anyway, but right now, she is really a MaMa's girl.
In the mornings when I drop her off at Mom's or Kelley's, she locks her arms and legs around me and cries.   I reassure her, hug her, kiss her, but then I have to peel her off of me and head to work.   It kills me to leave if she is crying.   She knows that I'll come back.   She knows that she will be safe, but she just gets SOOO upset.
 
She had a complete meltdown when I left her at speech this morning.   I had to hand her to her speech therapist while MG was sobbing.   I then waited in the hallway to see if she was OK.   It took about 5 minutes for her to settle down, and she was fine.   I just hate that she is getting so upset.
 
Hmmm.... what else ... oh ... she went to the doctor for allergies this week.   She tested negative for all allergies.  She didn't even give much of a reaction to histamine ... which is what causes allergic reactions naturally in EVERY person.   The allergist thinks that she may have a little reactive airway issue which is causing the cough.   She doesn't think that MG has asthma, but we are going to use an inhaler for a few days just to see if her cough changes.   We are also going to continue the Nasonex nasal spray and zyrtec and prevacid.   We are adding singulair.   I've wanted to add singulair for a while, but we still don't know if it will work to clear up the clear drainage and cough.  If this doesn't work, the allergist suggested we see a GI doctor to determine if this might truly be a reflux issue.  We shall see what happens there.
 
To end on a funny note ... today MG went to see the nephrologist with my mom.   Mom's creatine has dropped from 7 to 2 ... AWESOME !!!
Mom doesn't have to see the kidney doctor again for 3 months.   When they were leaving the office, the nurse asked MG what her name was.   Mom said MG smiled, gave that silly little grin she does, and said "DORA".
 
Later Y'all !!
 
Have a great night !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.