Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 6, 2012

Surgery went well!

We arrived at the hospital at 5:30am this morning. Pre-op is a lot of hurry and wait. This morning was very smoothe!!! They actually rolled her back to surgery at 7:30 am. By 7:45 they had started the operation. When they took her into the OR mom and I headed to breakfast. Just as we got to the cafeteria, they paged us back to surgery. We had missed signing part of the consent form, so we had to do a quick updated consent. After that, the surgery was without a hitch.

Her ears were clear with the exception of flaky ear wax that had built up around her tubes. They removed the ear tubes and cleaned out the wax.

Her airway exam was good. There is no clefting anywhere in the airway that might be contributing to her chronic dough.

Her nose looks great!!! And we were home by 12:30.

We have had a really good day. Mari-Grace has had no pain. She had a dose of morphine IV at the hospital before we left. They also did a nerve block in her face to keep her completely numb during the surgery. She woke up quickly an fully alert. She was fascinated with the pulse ox lead on her finger.

We had to stay an hour after the surgery so she could get a diflucan infusion. When she had her lip surgery, we had to clean the sutures with a half peroxide and half water solution. This actually irritated her skin and she developed a little yeast breakout in her lip. The Dr decided to give her the yeast medicine as a preventative measure this time.

She came home with the yeast med, antibiotic ointment, and pain med.

Today, once the morphine wore off, mg has played and played! I bought an iPad. She loved it!!! She played 2&1/2 hours without moving...which is good since she has to be still. Matter if fact, MG felt good enough to want to jump and run and play as usual. I had to put the coffee table in the bedroom and hide her dump truck.

Mama is exhausted. I slept 2 hours last night. I am sitting here now waiting fir her to fall asleep. She is dozing, but not giving up the fight. I am about to fall sleep myself. I had to get creative since she has to sleep face-up on her back.

Thank goodness I still have a bed Rail. We made a couch bed and now we just have to fall asleep.

Praying for a good night rest!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.