Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

2 YEARS .... STILL WAITING


2 YEARS .... STILL WAITING
Today I celebrated my 2 year LID. It is amazing to think the wait is up to 30 1/2 months.
So...CCAA has done referrals thru Jan 31, 2006 .... I've got 7 more months of referrals to wait thru.
So, what did I do to celebrate the anniversary??? I went to Walmart. I bought Ni-Hao Kai Lan on DVD for Mari-Grace. This is a show on Nicklelodeon, similar to Dora the Explorer. Instead of Spanish, it teaches about Mandarin Chinese. Kai Lan just finished the first season on Nicklelodeon, so this is the first DVD set released. I also bought some Dora the Explorer DVD's.
Saturday, I went to the Little Rock Zoo. I was babysitting for my little buddy ... Kaleigh.
Hannah, Greg, and Kelley went too. It was fun watching Greg and Hannah cater to Kaleigh.
Kaleigh came home with me ... she was so cute. She fell asleep in the floor watching the olympics.
Sunday, I babysat for Kaleigh again. Her mom is a teacher, so mom had to get classroom ready to start school. We had a blast. We watched Dora. We played outside on the swing-set.
Kaleigh found a plastic bag and filled it with treasures from the yard ... leaves, grass, hickory nuts, etc.
Today, I went for a pedicure. I had to buy car tags, and get a new driver's license. I packed for my trip to Boston, and laid out the clothes for my trip to Gulf Shores.
Tonite, I picked Kaleigh up from school. We ate dinner at Cracker Barrell, and then she came to my house. She folded clothes for me ... gosh a 3 year who likes to fold clothes ... HOT DOG !!!!
The last 3 days have been a great reminder of why I am patiently waiting for Mari-Grace. It is such a great reward to have Kaleigh kiss me on the cheek and say " I yuv you Aunt Kammy." Ahhhh... I can't wait for Mari-Grace to do that !!!!!!!!!


Kaleigh folding clothes ... note she is sitting on 4 folded bath towels.

She quickly told me " I tan do eet".

Gorilla family at the Little Rock Zoo ... baby gorilla is now about 2
years old. Could gorilla on left be expecting ???

Big Daddy Gorilla ... the Zoo has a viewing are where you can get up close and personal ... you could look this gorilla in the eye !!
Hannah (my niece) and Kaleigh.
Greg (my Brother-in-Law) and Kaleigh
Greg, Hannah and Kaleigh feeding the goats ... not sure who was having the most fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2 years !

    Kammy ~ I am so proud of you ! I know this is so hard, I just don't know if I could wait that long.

    It is going to be so worth the wait ! I just can't wait to see her little face and to see her with her mommy !

    Hoping they speed it up and it's not too much longer !

    Charlotte and crew

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.