First, I'd just like to say that trying to FEDEX a package to China was like trying to nail jello to a tree !!
The guy at the desk tried to help ... and after the fifth form he told me I needed, and the blank stare on my face, I decided to just scrap it.
Thanks to some of my friends in various yahoo groups I found the easiest way to send a package is via the good ole US Mail service.
I am using a site called Blessedkids.com to actually forward my package to the orphanage.
I decided to use this service, because once the package makes it to China, the contact there will forward the package via a service so the package can be tracked. BlessedKids also provides a letter writing service, so a letter, written by me, and translated into Chinese will be added to my package when it is shipped to the orphanage.
What did I send ??? A soft, cuddly, pink bunny/blankie combo lovey. I also made a photo album, with pictures of me, ohma, poppy, Uncle Greg, Aunt Kelley, and cousins Caleb and Hannah. I spent 2 hours one Sunday afternoon looking up the chinese translations for Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt, uncle, and cousin.
I sent 2 disposable cameras with the hopes that the nannies will take some pictures for me.
I sent a bag of Hershey's Bliss Chocolate for the nannies.
PRAY it gets to her, then PRAY it gets back to me !!!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.