I decided that since we didn't have any big plans in my family for Memorial Day ... this would be a great weekend to paint the playroom. Ok , so let me rephrase that ... I decided this would be a great weekend for KELLEY to paint the playroom.
I have never been a great painter. Matter of fact, the last time we painted that room, I painted right down the middle of the window. I also painted over the electrical outlets, the light switches and made a HUGE mess out of painting the baseboards.
With that being said, I was banned from painting any part of the room that would be seen. I was allowed to paint the inside of the closet ... that's it !!!
So ... while I was at work at the pharmacy yesterday .. .Kelley tackled the painting !
When I got home last night, the room had 2 and 1/2 walls painted and finished. Not an easy task considering there is a full size bed blocking access to the walls that were NOT painted.
Kelley must have been tired, or under the influence of paint fumes, because she handed me a paint brush. Yes .. I painted the corners, the window, over the doors, and I actually edged the walls with the pink paint.
Right now, my room looks like an ice cream cone with mint chocolate chip and strawberry ice cream.... or maybe pink and green cotton candy. YUMMO. I can't wait to get the border up... and bedspread on.
I want it to be a little whimsical. I'm going to hang brightly colored butterflies from the ceiling.
This is such fun.
Can't believe we leave in 17&1/2 days !!!!!
K.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.