Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

11 days

OMG now has a new meaning ... instead of "Oh My Goodness" ... it is now "Oh Mari-Grace". Let me tell you ... this little bundle is full of herself these days. She got so excited when she saw the pictures of her new swingset ... she started squealing !!! Right after breakfast this morning, she was ready to hit the ground running ... or should I say swinging. We had some errands to run ... so she didn't get to go outside immediately. When we got home, I needed to do some quick rearranging in the freezer in the garage. I set her in the driveway ... about 5 feet from me (and no where near the street !!!! ) with a package of sidewalk chalk. She really thought that was something. We now have lovely artwork in the driveway ! I'm trying to help her learn how to suck. So ... today, I gave her a ring pop. Let me tell you ... that was a sticky mess !!! But she had a good time with it. After the ring pop, we headed out to the backyard to play. She loves to swing ... but she has to sit in the big girl seats ! She'd go from one seat to the next and then to the glider. After about 20 minutes of swinging ... she worked up the nerve to climb up the tower and come down the slide. Needless to say, she came flying down the slide before MaMa was ready to catch her ... she bounded off the end of the slide ... landed on her little bum ... and got right up to do it all again!!!! After playing on the slide a little while ... she decided that it was time to help MaMa pull weeds out of the flower bed. Now I usually have Greg and Caleb do this for me ... but since they have worked so hard to put up the swing, I figured the least I could do is pull the weeds! I managed to get most of the weeds out of 4 flower beds. Mari-Grace on the other hand decided it would be easier to pull the leaves off of my Clematis vines and my rose bush. We had to have a little discussion about that. She didn't take a nap today ... and by 8:30 she was roaming around with her eyes closed. I got her to sleep without any flack tonite ! I love this little miss. She is an absolute dream come true. And you know what ... being a single mom is hard. It is all about her. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT !!!!!!! Being a mom is an incredible gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.