Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lip Revision continued....

WOW ... she is sleeping in her bed (not on the floor) and went back to sleep on her own!!! Now where was I ??? Oh ... she quickly met her fluid requirements and we came home. She had to wear her NoNo's 24/7 for the first week. She could drink from an open cup ... but not a sippy. She has been sleeping on the floor ... since she manages to roll off the bed about once a week. I didn't want to take any chances on her rolling off the bed and hurting her lip. She is on a palate in the floor ... and I'm on the couch. She could eat soft foods ... but I had to feed her. Miss Independent didn't like that too well!!! Sleep has been the biggest issue ... with her having to learn how to mouth breathe ... she is waking herself up ... and the NoNo's are difficult to find a position where she rests comfortably. Last night was the first night she didn't make the congested snoring noises all night. Now ... other things ... MG is coming along with her speech. We are watching the Signing Time videos. They were highly recommended to me by several speech therapist. They are fabulous. MG is picking up words right and left. And since surgery ... we are undestanding her a lot better. She can now say Drink (comes out Gink or dink) and Greg (Geg) and Kelley ... which she says very plain. She has said so many words this last week that are new ... I can't even keep up. Let's see ... she said book, doll, ball, eyes, nose, nana (for banana) ... and lots of others. It is amazing the change. She can blow out of her mouth .. and more impressive .. she has figured out how to blow her nose !!! She can blow great snot bubbles now ! She is quite the ham. She is a real trooper ... a brave litte girl. It is amazing to think that a year ago ... she was in a foster home in Datong, Shanxi, PRC. My ... what great things she has experienced in the last 9 months!!! Everytime I think of how her life has changed ... I tear up. She now has opportunities opened to hear that she could have never dreamed of in China. I thank God every day for His wisdom and guidance. Now ... I really am going to go to bed....sleep while she sleeps !!! (or is it recharging ?)

2 comments:

  1. Mary had snot bubbles for the first time last week too, I was so excited I posted it as my Facebook status!

    So excited to hear about Mari-grace's language explosion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing to think it has only been a year. Seems like she has been yours forever. Glad she's managing to get some sleep; I know it must be hard for her (and you).

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.