Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Lip Revision
So ... Mari-Grace had her lip revision done on 3-29 ... 1 week ago today. She ate like a little pig all day Monday. Matter of fact ... she was eating yogurt and fruit cups at 11:30 on Monday night. She couldn't have any food after midnight ... and we had to be at the hospital for preop at 10:45 am the next morning ... surgery was scheduled for 12:45 pm. Needless to say ... MG gets a IRRITABLE when she doesn't eat. Amazingly enough ... she did great ... never asked for food or drink at all. We got the pre-op stuff done ... and MG was tired and hungry. She stripped of the lovely yellow hospital PJ's ... stripped off her diaper .... got her overnight bag ... looked at me and said "I GO !!" It took both Mom and myself to get her PJ's back on. Lucklily ... the nurse brought in her "goofy juice" a few minutes later. It is a mix of Versed and something else ... can't remember right now what it was ... but it helps to ease the separation anxiety. MG's little legs went limp and everything got really funny. She was giggling at everything. The surgery itself took about 3 hours. It went smoothly. Dr. Buckmiller told me to expect her lip to be swollen and tight. She also told me that in order to make the top part of her lip, Mari-Grace's nose would be pulled flat. Boy was it. She has little slits for nostrils now ... making it necessary for her to breathe thru her mouth at this point. I was amazed when I walked into recovery to see my beautiful baby laying there ... well ... actually, she was highly pissed and yelling for MaMa. I finally got her to calm down and let the pain med take effect. She looked AMAZING !!! (and it was nice to see she wanted her MaMa). We spent 1 night at AR Children's Hospital. Let me just say ... the staff there is fabulous! I got a little worried because MG wasn't peeing after surgery. Keep in mind ... she had nothing but IV fluids DUH ... nothing in equals nothing out!!!! About 4 am ... I woke up to go potty ... I was soaked ... for a minute ... I thought I had wet myself ... but alas ... MG had finally pee'd. She soaked thru her diaper ... her pj's ... her NoNo's ... her bed ... and her MaMa. Had to have clean everything. She actually had a pretty good night. About 7 am ... the doctor on call came by and set her fluid requirements ... she had to drink 7 ounces in 3 hours. Needless to say ... she downed 12 ounces in 45 minutes!!!! Whoo Hoo ... we were on our way home. She has done pretty well. Sleep is an issue. With the mouth breathing ... she wakes up frequently ... also ... the NoNo's are hard for her to find a comofortable sleep position. Other than that ... she has been a real trooper. She is wimpering now ... so I'll finish the post later ... Gotta run !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.