Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 18, 2007

My wishes for my Daughter

As I sit here ... thinking about my adoption ... I found this list of wishes I made for Mari-Grace. I decided to share them ... just because you guys ... the readers of this blog ... my family and friends ... you will be the ones who can help me make these wishes a reality.


1. I want you to know that you are loved. I did not have the opportunity to feel you grow in my tummy, but I did have the chance for you to grow in my heart. I waited, a very long time to hold you in my arms. I want you to know that I love you, with my whole heart, and that we will forever be a family.

2. I want you to understand that I am not perfect. I will mess up. I will make mistakes. There will be times that you don’t like me very well … because I am your mom. Just remember that I love you. This is a learning experience … for both of us … and we will get thru it together.

3. I hope that you know that you were not created by accident. God has a purpose for you on this earth … after all … he guided me to you … and you have made such a wonderful difference in my life.

4. I hope that you know God … not just as a higher power … but really know him. I want you to know that he created you … by special design … and there is no one exactly like you. God knows your heart … share it with him … allow him to be present in your heart, your thoughts, your words. I hope that you talk with him, and let him be your best friend. Share your secrets, your hopes, your dreams, your fears. God will always be with you.

5. I want you to know that you have inspired me to think outside the boundaries of my own little world. I’ve learned so much about a culture so very different from my own. My wish is that I can successfully teach you what I have learned about the people, traditions, and culture of China. I have learned to think about your homeland with an open mind and open heart … I want for you the same thing.

6. I want you to know that you have inspired me to learn new things, for example … scrap booking …. I’ve made 3 for you already. I am also learning to sew. I desparately want to make this quilt for you by myself…as a heart gift. Why is this important to know? It goes to show you that interests change as life circumstances change. 10 years ago, if asked if I’d be sewing, scrap booking, and planning for a daughter, my answer would be NO WAY … but here I am ….waiting on you, and doing things I never thought of before. It is an example of knowing that with the right motivation…anything is possible.

“ I didn’t give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know,
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn’t give you the gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.”
author unknown

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky little girl. A blessing she will be and a blessing she will get once in Kammys arms.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.