If I only had a nickel for everytime I have been asked this question. The following is something I wrote to go in a scrapbook for Mari-Grace.
Why did I choose China?
November 12, 2006
Someday, you will ask “Why did you choose China?”
Well, to be quite honest, I didn’t choose China, China chose me.
I prayed that God would open the doors for this adoption process and show me where to go. I read a lot about international adoption, and the programs that are available to single moms are very limited. As a single mom, I could choose Guatemala, Vietnam, China, or the USA.
With research on each country, I found myself being pulled toward China. I felt this unexplained tug at my heart … with each picture I saw, article I read, and meeting I went to … the tug grew more and more. With the other countries, I didn’t feel this tug at my heart.
I prayed that God would show me which country I was meant adopt from, and he opened the door to China.
I can’t really explain the reasons I chose China. It is very difficult to put into words. All I can say is I feel like a part of me is missing … there is a part of my heart that is incomplete, and I feel like you are that piece. There is something drawing us together, and the force is strong. I feel very strongly that God has created you for me and I won’t feel complete until you are in my arms. I was told once to always follow my heart, and that is exactly what I am doing now. I chose to listen to that tug, and I am following my heart.
By faith, I stepped into this process, and by faith I am being led. I have been chosen by God to be your mother … and you were chosen by God to be my daughter. He has guided me to China, and thru a paper chase, and a long wait, over 1000’s of miles, and a long journey, he will bring us together.
I didn’t choose China, by the grace of God, China chose me.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.