I made the decision to adopt my daughter from China in February 2006. I set about to find an agency that would work with a single mom. Most agencies I spoke with told me the wait for a slot in the singles quota for China would be 18 months. So, I resigned myself to start the process as soon as a slot was available.
I attended several informational meetings, and decided that I would use Holt International.
At one of the informational meetings for Dillon International, I met a great lady .. Mrs. Christy Horne. On April 24,2006, she made a trip to the pharmacy where I work to tell me that Dillon had received notice of an unexpected opening for a single mom. She asked if I wanted to consider the spot .... My answer, an over-whelming YES !!!!!!
I prayed that God would show me what he wanted me to do .... and that he did.
First came the unexpected opening in the quota.
April 26, 2006 ... my pre-application was approved. I had 90-120 days to complete my formal application. It was completed on May 13, and approved shortly after.
June 9, 2006 I completed my home studies ... China requires 4 ... with 1 in home visit.
July 14, 2006 I filed my I-600a .... the application with UCSIS to adopt a foreign child.
At the time I filed, I was lucky to get to use the Fort Smith, AR USCIS office. It took 10 days to get my I-171h approved and returned. The wait time average, for most people, was 3-4 months to get the I-171h .... the last document necessary for the dossier.
Around July 25, I fedex'd my dossier to the Dillon office in Tulsa. And much to my surprise, I was DTC to China on August 7, 2006.
I waited anxiously for a log-in-date. It was mid-September when i found out my LID was
August 18, 2006.
My paper-chase was finished ..... roughly 4 months start to finish ... and now the wait began.
One thing I learned .... DON'T ASK GOD TO OPEN DOORS IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO WALK THRU THEM !!!!!!!! When you ask for God's help .... have the faith to step out and believe in his guidance.
In the paperchase phase of this adoption .... God provided the money when I needed it, thru an opportunity to work for a friend on my days off. He provided the space in the quota ... in much less than 18 months ... and more than that ... He has provided wonderful support thru my family, friends, co-workers, and customers.
I am going to be a Mama !!!!!!
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.