I went to the doctor today, for follow-up on my leg.
Good news ... the doctor could actually see the bones in my ankle !!! I thought aliens had stolen my foot ... after all ... it no longer looks like a balloon about to pop ... it looks like a real foot again.
My doctor was very pleased at the significant decrease in swelling, redness, and soreness in my calf. You can still feel the "ropes" where the phelbitis and clotting were, and that may take 2-3 weeks to disappear.
I have to invest in support compression stockings .... yes it is 100 degrees outside, and I'll be wearing thick, tight pantyhose !!! BUT that's ok if it stops the swelling and prevents another clot from forming.
Doc says I can go back to work on Monday, July6. BUT I have to wear the compression hose and I have to stay in constant motion. If I stand in one place to long, that will cause the blood to pool therefore if I just rock back and front on my feet, I can help prevent clot formation. Otherwise, I have to sit with my foot propped up ... which is virtually impossible in the pharmacy.
I will be on coumadin and a baby aspirin for 6 months.
It will be 2 weeks before I can start a regular exercise plan.
I have to give thanks where thanks are due. God has protected me the last 4 months. He definately has held me in the palm of his hand. Blood clots can be very serious. I have had thrombophlebitis for 4 months and in the middle of it, I had a major surgery. God is good. And he has chosen to protect me during this ordeal. I have to give him the thanks and the glory because why I didn't have more complications can only be explained by His protection.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.