Well, I have had an interesting week. I went to my new Doctor on Tuesday. He sent me for a doppler study on my leg on Thursday.
After the appointment for the doppler, the technician sent me straight upstairs to the doctor's office. I had a DVT (deep vein thrombosis) ... a blood clot in a potentially dangerous vein.
After 4 months of asking is it a clot ... and being told no ... someone finally found it !!!
Doc sent me straight to the hospital .. I was admitted.
He started me on a anti-coagulant called Arixtra ... fun ... shots in the stomach.
Coumadin and Aspirin. Keep the vampires away ... I bleed easy now !!!.
I had to stay 2 days in the hospital .. I got to come home on Saturday morning.
Boy, was it nice to sleep in my bed without a 4 am wake-up call.
The swelling in my foot is virtually gone. My calf is almost back to normal. The soreness and
redness in my calf is significantly improved.
I am off work for a week ... at least ... I wanted a vacation, but not this way.
I am very bored. And rest ... it makes you tired.
Anyway, I think I'm on the right road now. Pray that things continue to go well.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.