Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 8, 2009

True Confessions: The Weight Loss Saga

Well folks, some of you DO NOT know this little piece of information.

I finally admitted to myself that I can NOT loose weight, and keep it off on my own.
I decided to go under the knife.
On April 27, 2009, I had Lap-Band surgery. It was 6 weeks ago today.

Was it painful ... hmmm...not really ... I felt like I had done about 10000 sit-ups. It was pretty tough getting up and down for the first few days, but I made it on a teaspoonful of pain med and tylenol. I was only out of work 1 week. It took about a week and a half before I could lay flat, needless to say, my recliner was my friend for a while.

I had no complications, thank goodness. . . well with the exception of some phlebitis in the arm my IV was in ... but that went away quickly.

The first 3 days, I did clear liquids ... chicken broth, jello, apple juice, hot tea, etc.
After that, I went to protein based liquids, like my protein shakes, milk, soup, cottage cheese, pudding, etc.

Next came the soft foods stage. Let me say one thing YUCK !!!! Baby food is the nastiest thing ever, but you do what you have to do.

After about 2 weeks, I was back on regular foods. I have been very careful about what I eat, I hate vomiting, and that is a possibility if you eat the wrong thing.

I hit the 22.5 pound mark today. That is according to my scale at home...the doctor's office weighs a bit heavier, but since I will be using my scale to monitor, that is the one I will go by.

I'm excited ... I finally have a tool to help me unleash the skinny person inside.
I finally have the tool I need to get in shape for my trip to China.
No more talking ... it's get'er done !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Kammy!! I'm considering VSG myself, even as I sit here eating yucky medi*fast peach oatmeal!! Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.