Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

How'd I spend my 34 month LID anniversary ???

Well ... this week marks the 34 month mile-stone of waiting.
How did I spend my anniversary ??? In the ER.

I have a erythematous nodule on my right leg. "What the heck is that", you may ask.
Well .. in english ... it is a hard, swollen, red, painful knot.

I managed to scare the heck out of my neighbor, my Mom, and my Sister. My right leg and foot were so grossly swollen, it was scarry. 2 nurses looked at my leg and were sure it was a blood clot. So in order to make everyone feel better, I gave in and went to the ER on Wednesday night after work.

I waited 2 hrs before seeing a doctor. Actually, not too bad considering the ER was standing room only. They took blood ... platlet count was good...white count was good. The doctor ordered a venous ultrasound. GOOD NEWS !!! NO BLOOD CLOTS !!!! and NO CELLULITIS !!! No signs of infections ... just an "Erythematous Nodule".

Today, I went for an MRI on my leg. Got there, and the Doctor had ordered an MRI on my knee. My knee is fine !!!! The knot is on my calf. The swelling is in my calf and ankle.
Luckily, the MRI technician was able to get the orders changed while I was there. It took a few minutes more, but thank goodness, I only had to make 1 trip. Good news, my hips at least fit in the MRI machine (LOL).

What's the word ... well I still don't know what this funk is on my leg ... but after battling it since February ... I'm finally getting some diagnostic testing done. I go to the Rheumatologist on June 30. Pray that I tolerate the steroids that I am taking. They make me mean, moody, unable to sleep, my blood pressure goes up, I have the appetite of a small giant, I retain fluid, and I have hot flashes. I have to take an entire round to get this leg thing under control. I will finish them !!!
(just pray that no one around me kills me before I'm done !!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.