I had my first "Fill" today. My doctor injected saline into the lap-band to actually shrink the
stoma (hole) in the opening in my stomach. This allows the food to stay in the small stomach pouch longer.
I was STARVING when I went into the office. The doctor was pleased with the steady weight loss. Anyway, I told the doctor how hungry ... he laughed and said not for long.
The took me back to the "fill room", and I got to drink Barium ... YUCK !!! and he injected the band with saline. He used 3.6ml of saline to fill the band ... that is LESS than 3/4 teaspoonful of saline.
Believe it or not, I wasn't hungry anymore. For 2 or 3 days, I'll be enjoying clear liquids. Chicken broth ... jello ... egg drop soup ... yummo !!! Then I will get to go back to soups and puddings, then soft foods. It'll be about 2 weeks before I get back to regular food.
So ... I am anxious to explore foods with a smaller stoma.
If any of you have any questions, shoot me a comment. I am glad to share my experience with anyone who wants to know.
Kammy
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Ok, I am SO jealous now ! I wish I could afford it !
ReplyDeleteCongrats ! Charlotte