Photobucket
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 3: Gotcha Day has arrived!

Oh my goodness... It's finally here ... Gotcha Dayteeth_smile.

For those of you who don't know what the term Gotcha Day is ... this is the day that I actually receive Mari-Grace.

I am posting at 7:45 am China Time. At 3PM today, we will go to the Civil Affairs office here in Taiyuan, and the orphanage workers will bring Mari-Grace to me.
We will sign a paper that gives us permission to have her for 24 hours. This is a time for us to make sure there are no undisclosed major medical issues, or things that would make us NOT take her. I can't begin to imagine what would make me say no. . . nothing !!

We will bring her back to the hotel with us, and she'll spend the night here.
Tomorrow, we will go to the Civil Affairs office to finilaze paperwork.
Wednesday, we will take a 4 hour car ride to her city, Datong. Here in Datong, we will apply for her passport. Hopefully we will get a brief tour of the City, and orphanage, then return to Taiyuan.

Thursday we will go to the Jin Temple here in Taiyuan.
Friday, late in the afternoon, we'll go to Guangzhou.

So ... back to Gotcha Day. Believe it or not, I rested pretty good last night. The beds are like sleeping on a carpeted floor, but when you are tired enough, it doesn't really matter !

I am waking up at about 6:30 in the morning. No alarm clock. The girls at work would never believe that my internal clock is waking me up before 8:30 am !! .. LOL

Today, we really don't have a lot on the agenda. I am going to wake Kelley and Hannah in a few minutes, so we can head to breakfast. I want to explore the city a bit, while it is just the 3 of us. We'll be walking, so we won't venture too far, but still yet, I want to take in as much as we can !!

I am getting nervous. I have to admit that ! I nested yesterday. I got the room organized, I got her bed straightened and organized. I got her diaper bag assembled. The gift bags for the orphanage workers are assembled.
I wonder, how will she react to me? So many things go thru your mind. I can't begin to list them all. I get teary eyed when I think ... THIS IS IT !!! I meet my daughter today. MY DAUGHTER !!! WOW.

The next post you will see ... I'll have pictures of ME AND MARI-GRACE !!!

1 comment:

  1. It's a truly momentous day for you, sad and sweet at the same time. All my best,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.