Well, it is Wednesday ... Hard to believe we've been in China almost 2 weeks.It seems as if we've always been here. I wish I could put into words the way it feels to be here. In so many ways, it is home. Just wish the whole family could be here ... and that we had home-cooked meals ... and soft beds. Other than that ... it's a wonderful place.
When we left Taiyuan, I cried ... just thinking about taking Mari-Grace away from her home ... her people ... her culture. Hannah made me laugh ... and what she said was so true ... at least we are taking her to a family ... a better place for her. But still, She'll not get the experience of growing up in this land. I've always been very much and advocate of making Chinese culture a part of her life. After being here for 2 weeks, I just hope that I can do this land justice. It is such a peaceful existence here. The people have such pride when the talk about their history, and culture. I want Mari-Grace to feel that pride ... not only for China, but for America too. I want her to grow up proud of her roots .... and her new beginnings.
It makes me sad to think we will be leaving here tomorrow afternoon. A part of me will always be in China...BUT ... I'm also ver excited to think that in a few hours, we will go to the U.S. Embassy for her swearing in Ceremony.
In just a few hours, Mari-Grace will become a US citizen with all of the rights, freedoms, and priviledges that brings.
As the 4th of July approaches, Let's all be thankful for the country in which we live. Mari-Grace will never know hunger or thirst. She'll have more than she needs. She'll never be naked, for clothing is in abundance. She'll never be poor. We have enough money to make sure her needs are met, and most of her wants too. She'll have the opportunity to have her mouth fixed ... a surgery that just isn't done much in China. In China, father chooses the profession for the sons ...not sure about the girls, but I'm making a big assumption that it is the same. In America, Mari-Grace will choose what she wants to be when she grows up. She'll choose her own friends, and spouse, and she'll get to have a family of her own.
We take so many things for granted as Americans. The food in our bellies, the clothes on our back, clean water, good air, and beds that are comfortable. Mari-Grace will have the FREEDOM to speak her mind. She'll get to know our Creator, and have a relationship with Him.
So ... as we celebrate Independence Day with our families and friends.
Remember a couple of things:
1. Say thank you to God above for giving us the opportunity to grow up with these freedoms.
2. Say thank you to our soldiers and veterans who have defended our rights and freedoms for so many years.
3. Be thankful for the things we take for granted.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.