Well .. I think I already posted this, but we received Mari-Grace's passport today.
We also got clearance on the TB skin test.
Our guide, Becky, has checked my paperwork 50 times. It's all in order. She delivers it to the consulate for me Tomorrow (6-29-10).
Today was another rainy day on Shamian Island here in Guangzhou. Kelley, Hannah, and I invested in small umbrellas, and took to the streets for a day of shopping.
We had a great time .. and LOL ... introduced Mari-Grace to Starbucks .. she likes vanilla bean frappacinos, mocha frappacino, and carmal frappacino. Since she only got tastes, we had to find her some juice. She LOVES kiwi juice. While it looks a little weird, it tastes great.
She is getting much more confident. She's toddling around the room like an old pro now. I caught her trying to climb up on the bed once. She loves Kelley and Hannah, but when it comes to getting a drink from her cup ... she picks up her sippy cup, hands it to me, and then opens her mouth for me to give it to her. She will eat cheerios for Kelley while I fix her plate at a meal, but she won't let Kelley or Hannah feed her. She's also pretty good at bringing me a diaper when she's ready to be changed.
She laughs all of the time. She cries very little ... mostly when she's not getting her way! She has bitten my thumb twice when I was trying to clean the food out of her palate. She has done great with tub baths so far. She likes to get her lotion on after bath-time.
It seems as if she's always been a part of my life ... it's funny ... can't remember life without her.... (and don't want too ...
Let's see ... tomorrow is Tuesday. Becky goes to deliver our paperwork to the consulate tomorrow morning.
After that, we are going to go for a traditional Cantonese lunch, and perhaps to the market in town.
Wednesday, we spend picking up items we've had custom made. We also go to the consulate for Mari-Grace's oath taking ceremony. I'd love to take pictures of that, but cameras and other electronic devices are not allowed.
Thursday, we get her Visa and depart for Hong Kong. One night in Hong Kong then Little Rock, here we come !!!!
Love ya'll ... keep those prayers going.
Until tomorrow .....



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.