I have to give props to the following websites.
www.blessedkids.com and www.research-china.org
Adele Hall provides a wonderful service with her site ... Blessed Kids.
I was able to obtain the address for her contact in Beijing. I mailed a care-package to Mari-Grace at the orphange via the contact. This contact was able to track the package, and she called to follow-up to make sure the package was received. Thru this phone call, the contact obtained the most up to date measurements, and she was able to confirm that the orphange answered a list of questions that I sent.
At this time, Adele is in the process of translating the answers for me.
Adele does charge a fee for these services, but as an adoptive parent, the services are worth the fee.
Adele has responded to all of my e-mails personally.
I can't praise her enough !!! Thanks to her, Mari-Grace has her very own luvy Rabbit, and a photo album with pictures of the family.
Brian Stuy the gentleman that runs www.research-china.org . He is known for locating finding ads. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, a finding ad is a notice run in the local Chinese newspaper. . . it shows the baby's picture, and lists where she/he was found and where she/he is located in case the birth family wants to re-claim the child. This is quite often the only baby picture adoptive parents have of their child. Brian also provides information on the province and orphange for some SWI locations. I was able to order a video of the Datong SWI where Mari-Grace has spent the first 2 years of her life. This video also shows the city of Datong, and talks about it's coal mining industry, the hanging monestery, the grottoes, and numerous other things.
I am so thankful that there are people out there who provide these wonderful services.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Kammy - have a wonderful trip! I am on the Adoptcleft group, and I will also be traveling to Shaanxi province (Xi'an) to get my daughter this summer...she is currently 18 mos. old and was also born with a bilateral CL/CP. Can't wait to follow along on your journey! :)
ReplyDeleteHi... I am sure you are not going to remember me but many moons ago (I think 2007) I sent you a square for the 100 Good Wishes Quilt... just happen to cross the link all this time later... I came back from China about 2 months when we went over to get our daughter Shauna... oh it was the experience of a life time... I will be following your journey... good luck and safe travels...
ReplyDelete