Ok ... we made it to Guangzhou. Before I tell you about our day today ... let me tell you a little bit more about yesterday.
On Thursday, we went to the Jinci Temple. It was spectacular. I was in awe of Boston and it's history. But standing at the Temple... all I can say is WOW.
We stood in front of a 3000 yr old cypress tree. We say buildings that were constructed of wood ... NO NAILS ... it fits together like puzzle pieces ... these buildings were 600 years old. The details were phenomenal. Pictures just don't do it justice.
Mari-Grace had a poop for me. Why is that important??? Well ... lots of babies hold it .... controlling their BM is one of the few things they can control. She had a tummy ache ... and on the way back from the temple ... we found out why. Poor baby was constipated. That little present had to have hurt.
Over the next few hours, she progressed from rock solid to peanut butter consistency. It's amazing what that did for her personality. She started laughing, and babbling, and playing. It was GREAT !!! to watch her.
She just came to life .. and her personality really started shining.
She is very sweet... but she has a little demon in her too.
At lunch I swear she had 8 arms ... all 3 feet long !! We couldn't move dishes out of her way fast enough. I was exhausted by the time lunch was over.
Supper wasn't any better ... she took a piece of toast right out of my hand and ate it. Little stinker. But she was happy ... for the most part.
She has demonstrated that she can throw a TEMPER TANTRUM when she doesn't get her way. It is hard to stay calm cool and collected in the middle of one. But I've already figured out when she decides to throw a tantrum, if I can, just lay her in the floor or bed, where she can't get hurt and let her go. It's amazing that how after a minute or two of me standing there watching her cry and kick, and me talking to her calmly, she realizes that she isn't going to get her way. Then just like a light switch .. she's fine and lets me hold her and calm her.
Lets see ... oh Kelley had an adventure on Thursday. When Mari-Grace decided to empty out her gut and fill up her diapers ... MaMa had a realization that we only had 6 left ... no way would that get us to Guangzhou.
Aunt Kelley had to go on an adventure to the supermarket in Taiyuan.
The lady at the front desk wrote on a business card where she needed to go, and the name of the hotel ... all in chinese characters.
The bell-hop helped to get her a taxi.
She made it to the store. Found the diapers, and some cookies for Hannah, then headed back. She did it ALL BY HERSELF !!!!
I was jealous, I wanted to see the supermarket, but it just didn't work out.
Ok ... so I'll post more in a bit about Friday.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.